- THE CEV WEBSITE
The www.cev.eu websites (which includes the CEV Database) is the official platform of the CEV, which provides volley sports fans and content partners across the globe with the best news, information, statistics and documents from the world of European Volley.
This service and the necessity to publish and share information and documents related to Volleyball is the reason why the CEV collects and processes your personal data.
- PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
For the reasons mentioned in the section 3, the CEV may collect from you the following Personal Data:
- Date of birth;
- Country of residence;
- Federation of Origin;
- Phone number;
- Other personal documents (Medical Certificates, Transfers, Statistics, etc.).
The Personal Data collected are necessary for administering your account and providing you with access to the Personal Area.
These operations will be managed by the CEV who will receive the request from you through the online system. The personal area is available only to registered users.
When the use of Personal Data is based on your consent, you have the option to withdraw your consent to the processing and delete your personal data at any time by clicking on the “delete” buttons provided in the Personal Area.
We keep the personal information related to you until the account is active. You may delete your personal account by clicking on the “delete” button provided in the Settings of your account.
You can ask for operations regarding your data or ask for an account to manage on the following link: https://cevadmin.cev.eu/PrivacyRequests.aspx
- PERSONAL DATA PROVIDED TO US BY YOU AND PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
First of all, when providing us with your personal data, the CEV kindly requests you to refrain from supplying us with any additional unsolicited personal data. In particular, the CEV requests you to refrain from supplying us with personal data related to:
- Your racial and ethnic origin, and/or;
- Your political opinions, and/or;
- Your religious and philosophical beliefs, and/or;
- Your trade union membership, and/or;
- Data concerning your health, and/or;
- Data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation.
In order to provide certain functionalities when you access our Website or Database, the CEV also automatically receives and records non-sensitive personal data on its technical infrastructure logs about your computer, regardless of whether you have registered for an account or are just browsing our servers. The CEV may collect, including but not limited to, your Web browser software, your internet protocol (IP) address, information relating to the CEV's cookies, the referring website and the page you requested. The CEV may also collect information about your location with your consent, and our online activity on the CEV website or Database.
- THE USE OF THE PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED FROM YOU
There are several reason why we use your personal data. In the most cases, it is about measuring your behaviour on our Website or Database, and based on that, create personalized experiences. More specifically the CEV uses personal data collected to:
- Improve technical requirements of the CEV website and Database;
- Create a better and more personal content for your use;
- Organize CEV competitions;
- Measure on how users browse and behave on the CEV website and CEV Database;
- Provide the opportunity to log in to our website or database and enable users to use login-based functionalities;
- Provide you with our content services such as newsletter service;
- Notify you in case you participated in a prize game;
- Server personalized advertising to our users in order to increase the accuracy of our advertising.
- LEGAL GROUNDS TO PROCESS YOUR DATA
In order to process your personal data, we may rely on the different legal grounds, including:
- Your consent, insofar as it is legally required or permitted;
- The necessity to establish a contractual relationship with you and to perform our obligations under the concerned contract;
- The necessity for us to comply with legal obligations to establish, exercise, or defend ourselves from legal claims;
- The necessity to pursue our legitimate interests, including, but not limited to:
- Improving the user experience and understanding how you behave on our Website and Database;
- Improving the security and performance of our Website and Database;
- To administer and generally conduct sport activities within the CEV.
- INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
The CEV may transfer your data to third parties who perform functions on our behalf, such as IT service suppliers, consultants and any other third party processing personal data on behalf of the CEV.
This covers in particular third-party processors in the context of online advertising campaigns that are carried out by the CEV, especially on social networks. The CEV requires such parties to maintain appropriate security standards to protect your personal data. Unless otherwise stated, these third parties are prohibited to use the personal data the CEV provides to them beyond what is necessary to provide the product or service to you.
The CEV may also share your personal data with other third parties like carefully selected partners and CEV Member Associations if the CEV has your consent to do so, for example if you have opted in to receive information or offers, and for other reasons consistent with the purpose for which the data were originally collected or for other purposes authorized by law.
The CEV may also transfer your personal data to relevant third parties if:
- The CEV needs to send the data to the police/state authorities, in particular to carry out security or administrative controls in relation to venues or events you have requested access to.
- The CEV needs to comply with court or authority orders.
- The CEV finds that it is necessary, as determined in CEV’s sole discretion, to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, emergency situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any persons, violations to our Terms or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Before disclosing your personal data to third parties, the CEV will ensure that sufficient security measures and adequate data protection are guaranteed by the third party and take reasonable steps to ensure compliance with those measures.
As part of its internal data auditing process, the CEV may conduct regular checks on processing by third parties, especially with respect to security measures.
- DATA RETENTION AND ARCHIVING
The CEV does not, as a matter of business practice, retain personal data longer than necessary for the purposes stated and to comply with legal requirements, unless otherwise agreed by you.
- HOW DO WE SECURE YOUR DATA
The CEV uses all available technical and organizational security measures in order to protect your personal data against a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, your personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
The CEV employees are required to keep personal data confidential. The CEV employees will only transfer your personal data to third parties as described in Section 8 of this Notice.
- YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to request access to or information about the personal data related to you which are processed by the CEV.
You can access, review, correct, update or delete your personal data at any time by accessing your account on the CEV Platform where it has been created. In all cases, you can also send a formal request for access any personal data held by the CEV.
All requests should be sent by regular mail along with a proof of identity (copy of official Identification Document with a photo mentioning your date & place of birth), mention of the CEV website’s URL if any and your contact details (phone number and email) to:
The Confédération Européenne de Volleyball
488 route de Longwy, L-1940 Luxembourg, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
The request is free of charge. The CEV may refuse, restrict or defer the provision of personal data where the CEV has the right to do so, for example if fulfilling the request will adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- YOUR OTHER INFORMATION RIGHTS
You may also have the right to request that the CEV:
- Corrects or erases your personal data or restricts the processing of your data;
- Transfers your personal data to another organisation;
- Stops processing your personal data, if the CEV is relying on your consent and does not have another legal basis to continue processing your data.
You can send a formal request by mail along with a proof of identity (copy of official Identification Document with a photo mentioning your date and place of birth), mention of the CEV Platform’s URL and your contact details (phone number and email) to:
The Confédération Européenne de Volleyball
488 route de Longwy, L-1940 Luxembourg, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
The CEV may refuse, restrict or defer your request where the CEV has the right to do so under current data protection regulations.
- CONTACTING THE CEV AND COMPLAINTS
The CEV hopes to be able to answer any questions or concerns you have about your information. You can get in touch with the CEV at the postal address set out above, or email the CEV at email@example.com
You have the right to make a complaint if you feel your personal data has been mishandled or if we have failed to meet your expectations. You are encouraged to contact the CEV about any complaints or concerns but you are entitled to complain directly to the relevant supervisory authority.
- NEWSLETTERS AND MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
The unsubscribe from newsletters and e-mail marketing communications can most easily be done by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter the CEV have sent to you or, alternatively, by modifying your account settings and preferences on the CEV Platform.
The CEV may set and access its own cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website's server and stored on your computer's hard drive.
The CEV uses its own cookies for number of purposes, mainly to:
- access your information when you "sign in", so that we can provide you with customized content;
- keep track of preferences you specify while you are using services;
- estimate and report our total audience size and traffic;
- conduct research and development to improve the CEV content and services and achieve and maintain a high service level.
For more information about cookies and how to stop cookies being installed visit the following website: www.allaboutcookies.org
- CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
The protection of personal data of children and adolescents is of particular concern to the CEV. The CEV Platforms and their content are not directed at children under the age of 13. The CEV recommends that parents discuss the use of the Internet and the provision of personal data on websites with their children before allowing minors between 13 and 16 to navigate through CEV Platforms.
The CEV will never knowingly collect personal data from or about children under 13 and will only knowingly collect personal data or allow user registration from minors between 13 and 18 where parental permission has been obtained as required by applicable law.
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Additional terms and conditions may apply to your visit and/or use of the CEV Platforms, especially for any terms and conditions linked to an application used for such CEV Platforms. Please refer to such additional terms and conditions, which are not of the CEV’s responsibility and for which the CEV may not be held responsible in any way. It is your sole responsibility to know your rights and obligations under such additional terms and conditions.
If there is change to the way in which the CEV collects, uses or shares your personal data the CEV will post a notice on CEV Platforms.